Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Season of Sequels!

I just love finding a great read or a new author. Tantamount to finding a great read is knowing that there is or will be more to come. A few new reads that are sequels to books that we have loved at the odyssey before are Alan Bradley's The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag.

Fans of Flavia De Luce rejoice for she is back better than ever in Bradley’s sequel to Sweetness at the bottom of the Pie. This time around Bradley brings back the set of characters that made Bishop’s Lacey so enduring ; The mysterious murder of a traveling puppeteer is enough to attract Flavia’s attention away from chemistry and back to solving crimes. Fans of the first book are sure to be just as charmed with the second of hopefully a long running series!
Another book, which I have to admit that I have not yet read, but am really looking forward to reading is Gail Carriger's sequel to Soulless, called Changeless.
My co-worker Rebecca has read it and I have made her promise to keep mum until I get a chance to lay my grubby little hands on a copy!

And here are a few more books by authors we are pretty big fans of! While these next few are not sequels per se, there are much anticipated books none the less !


The Red Pyramid
By Rick Roirdan
Harper Collins
17.99



The Singers Gun
By Emily St. John Mandel
Unbridled Books
24.95

While I am certain that my fellow booksellers will have more to say about these great titles. That is all I have for now!

To order or reserve your copy through the Odyssey please click here.

No comments: