Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello, my name is Nieves and I'm a Cover Lover...

I know, I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover... but it is definitely instrumental in whether or not the book gets picked up and perused.



Currently, I am in love with the dust jacket of We the Drowned, by Carsten Jensen, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, $28.00. Published February 2011.

The first sentence alone promises a story worthy of such an excellent cover:

"Many years ago there lived a man called Laurids Madsen, who went up to Heaven and came down again, thanks to his boots."

Am I the only one who claps in delight over such a well turned (and apparently translated) phrase?

To get a higher resolution look, click here. [via] Or just stop on by the store and have a look see for yourself.

Can't wait to read this 600+ page beast, cover to cover of course!

Paz,

~Nieves

No comments: